Apart from taking it orally, did you know that honey can be used directly as a mask: beauty therapists tell you how to make your honey mask at home
Honey has long been a regular part of the home as a beauty food. However, women will know that in addition to being edible, honey can also be used as a mask. Applying honey directly to the face replenishes the skin, improves skin cell metabolism, strengthens the skin’s resistance, and inhibits melanin deposition. However, there are also disadvantages to using honey on the face. Here are some benefits and drawbacks of applying honey directly to the front.
1. Clogging the pores, applying honey to the face when the skin is particularly dry. This can make our skin more moisturized, but using it on our face also hides a lot of bad effects. Honey applied to our face can easily clog our pores. The skin may look more moisturized, but a lot of the nutrients remain on the skin’s surface and cannot be absorbed. Therefore, applying honey directly to your face makes it easy for our pores to get clogged. You may even start to get acne on your face over some time.
2. As a lot of honey is processed by people, it is important to wash it off after applying it to the face. However, many people do not realize the importance of washing it off or do not wash it well enough to cause allergies. Sometimes even if you wash it off with water, you will still be allergic. Therefore, using cream when your face is dry is safer.
3. It can lead to skin infections because honey is very powerful. People with acne also like to use honey on their faces. However, it is very dangerous for people with acne to use honey on their faces. The chances of the pimples getting bigger in scope are high because the honey gets into the dust after it has been opened. The abscess can then become infected and subsequently inflamed.
4. Honey on the face can cause allergic reactions because honey contains a small number of allergens. Allergic people using honey on the face can cause allergies and, in severe cases, may even cause skin flushing and itching all over the body, so make sure you are not allergic to honey before applying it to your face.
Because honey is rich in nutrients, if you use it too often, it can easily lead to excess nutrients in your skin, and in serious cases, it can even cause fat particles or acne.
The correct way to use it:
If you must use honey on your face, please check if your skin is allergic to honey first. If not, you can do so, but I would not recommend using honey on your face.
Use warm water to cleanse your face of dirt and grease, then apply honey to your face and rinse with warm water after 10 to 15 minutes.
1. Skin Wrinkle Relief: Apply honey to the skin. Honey glucose, sugar, protein, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals can act directly on the epidermal and dermal cells to provide nutrients to encourage them to divide and grow. It is also effective in reducing or removing wrinkles. In addition, honey has a strong antiseptic effect which allows it to kill or inhibit bacteria on the skin’s surface and protects the skin.
2. Anti-ageing: honey + pearl powder + rice wine + rose juice Method: One spoon of honey, add about 5 grams of pearl powder, the right amount of rice wine and rose juice, then add the right amount of refined flour to make a paste, make a mask to apply on the face, can play a nourishing, anti-aging effect. If you can’t buy rose juice, you can also purchase rose oil. Still, it should be noted that before buying rose oil, apply it behind the ear and ensure there is no uncomfortable reaction after a week before buying it to avoid allergies and other adverse reactions.
3. Skin moisturizer: honey + egg + flour Method: Mix honey with egg and the right amount of flour to become an effective skin moisturizer. Most importantly, it is a mild preparation that can be used on sensitive skin. For example, mix 4 tablespoons of honey with the whites of 2 eggs and a few tablespoons of flour, depending on the consistency you want, and stir until it thickens. Once this mixture is ready, it can be used as a lotion or moisturizing mask for hands and body, thus eliminating the negative effects of dry skin.