1. Choose by coffee bean variety
Arabica and Robusta beans are the most common commercial coffee bean varieties. Most ground coffee is made from Arabica beans, but some are blended with a certain percentage of Robusta beans or crosses such as Catim. In contrast, most instant coffee and ready-to-drink coffee drinks are made from Robusta beans.
There are very significant differences in flavor between coffee beans, so it is crucial to know where it comes from and what variety it is when choosing. Generally, if we like a bright, fruity, floral, and sweet flavor, then Arabica coffee beans are suitable; if we want a rich, full-bodied coffee with a quick pick-me-up, then we can choose a blend with a certain percentage of Robusta coffee beans.
2. Choose by coffee bean region
Almost all the world’s coffee trees grow in the tropical region between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn, represented by the vicinity of the equator. We usually refer to coffee as having three main production areas, namely: the African coffee region, the Asia-Pacific coffee region, and the American coffee region. Yunnan coffee is also rapidly growing into an important production area as the production and quality of coffee beans in the region improve.
(1) Ethiopian coffee beans: Ethiopia has become the most representative coffee-producing country in Africa with its unique Yegashefi, Sidamo, and Harar Arabica species of coffee. Yegashefi coffee is the best representative, and its washed and treated coffee beans have a strong floral and citrus flavor.
(2) Kenya coffee beans: Grown in the highlands near Mount Kenya, Kenya’s premium Arabica coffee beans have firm acidity and berry tones. Kenyan coffee has a sweet fruitiness and firm wine acidity, with a medium body and a clean taste with few flaws or off flavors.
(3) Vietnamese coffee beans: Vietnam is the second largest coffee producer after Brazil. Vietnamese coffee is mainly grown in the south and is dominated by Robusta species coffee, which accounts for about 97% of its total coffee production. And Vietnam is also the world’s top producer of Robusta species coffee beans.
(4) Indonesian coffee beans: The traditional high-quality Arabica coffee beans are grown in the northern part of the country in London and Mantnin and are often named after places. Manning coffee beans are aromatic, with chocolate and nut-like flavor, high-quality acidity, moderate acidity, and a pronounced sweetness for deep roasting.
Early cat shit coffee came from Sumatra, Indonesia. After consuming the coffee fruit, musk cats excreted the undigested seeds with their feces, and villagers collected coffee beans from the feces of wild musk cats.
Originating in the early 18th century, Javanese coffee beans have a fresher, cleaner, and brighter taste with a distinctly sweet, rich nutty, spicy, and vanilla aroma due to the complex wet processing and drying methods endure on large farms.
(5) Yunnan coffee beans: Yunnan has a wide coffee-growing area and a large cultivation output, accounting for more than 98% of China’s total coffee production. The central coffee-growing regions in Yunnan are Pu’er, Baoshan, Dehong, Xishuangbanna, and Lincang, mainly growing Tippika and Catim species coffee beans.
(6) Brazilian coffee beans: Brazil’s sun-dried or semi-sun-dried coffee from Santos has a mellow taste and rich spice flavor. Washed coffee beans have a clean, soft taste, low acidity, and a quality fruity flavor.
(7) Panama coffee beans: Panama is a relative newcomer to the boutique coffee market, with several well-run estates in Panama showing a flavor transition from lively, lightly acidic, rounded to rich, bright acidity.
(8) Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee beans: Blue Mountain coffee beans grown on Jamaica’s Blue Mountains are one of the world’s most famous and expensive coffees due to their balanced, mild taste, balanced sweet and sour, and lack of bitterness. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee is certified, and only the Jamaican Coffee Industry Association can be labeled “Blue Mountain Coffee.”
(9) Colombian coffee beans: Colombia is the world’s third largest coffee producer after Brazil and Vietnam. It is also the world’s leading producer of fine coffee, producing large quantities of consistently high-quality coffee. It mainly grows high-quality Arabica coffee beans, including rare and valuable varieties such as the Gesha.
3. Selection according to the treatment process
The coffee treatment process is an essential part of the coffee processing process, mainly the process of turning the coffee fruit into raw coffee beans.
There are currently five treatment methods around the world: solar, washing, semi-sun, honey, and wet soaking, of which solar, washing, and semi-sun are the main ones. The following is a brief introduction to the characteristics of solarization and washing methods.
(1) Solar treatment method / natural drying method (Natural Process). This is the oldest surviving treatment method, which refers to drying the coffee fruit in the sun without treatment after picking. This is one of the oldest surviving treatments. It is a highly variable flavor treatment, often giving the coffee beans a sweeter appearance and a flavor similar to that of dried plums, sultanas, or even wine.
(2) Washed treatment (Washed). The washed method, often referred to as the washed method, is the most widely used method of coffee processing worldwide. The flavor profile usually has a bright acidity similar to fresh fruit and a cleaner taste.
The effect of drinking coffee on the skin
Drinking coffee can help remove free radicals from the skin and play an anti-oxidant and anti-aging role. Drinking coffee in moderation can slow down skin aging. In addition, coffee can also accelerate the metabolism of the skin, so that the skin cells remain full of vitality, can promote the renewal of old keratin layer off, but also lighten the poor circulation caused by dark circles under the eyes.
1, calming skin, exfoliation: coffee contains more polyphenol substances, this substance can play antioxidant, anti-inflammatory sterilization, can remove free radicals, often drink coffee to reduce wrinkles, so that the skin becomes more energetic, can make the skin become more smooth and delicate.
2, beauty and anti-aging: coffee among the flavonoids can play the effect of antioxidants, coffee itself can promote kidney function, also has a diuretic effect, can accelerate skin metabolism, and this anti-aging vitamin E, can play a beauty care, slow aging effect.
3, the skin will be more smooth and bright: coffee contains coffee grounds, can be said to be a natural body scrub, with which you can exfoliate, but also make the skin become smoother, the skin tone will be brighter.
4, weight loss and slimming: black coffee many girls like to drink, because black coffee does not have any chemical composition, the taste is a bit bitter, but it can consume the energy inside the body, but also to speed up the metabolism, but also to increase the consumption of calories, but also to achieve the effect of weight loss and slimming.
Does drinking coffee make your skin darker?
Drinking coffee does not make the skin darker. Although coffee is a dark brown drink, but the melanin in coffee does not deposit on human skin to form pigmentation, and will not make the skin darker.
Coffee contains caffeine, while the right amount of caffeine can reduce muscle fatigue, promote the secretion of digestive juices, and can also speed up metabolism and help improve rough skin problems.
Is drinking coffee more likely to cause hair loss?
There is no data in the world to prove that drinking coffee can cause hair loss, but there is data from Germany that shows that coffee can help prevent hair loss in men.
But don’t think that coffee alone can completely stop hair loss, some experts say you have to drink 60 to 70 cups of coffee a day to get the caffeine to the roots of your hair, which can inhibit hair loss from the root.
Does drinking coffee make you fat?
Whether or not coffee makes you fat depends on what kind of coffee you are drinking. The instant coffee sold on the market in general, which adds a lot of sugar and creamer, will put you at risk of gaining weight. But if you drink black coffee, you will not become fat, and can help you lose weight. Because black coffee contains caffeine can stimulate the body to secrete adrenaline, which helps the body to break down more fat out of the body.
Will drinking coffee cause acne?
Some people have acne but do not know why, it is likely that the coffee you drink is to blame. The high calorie content of coffee and the dairy products added to it can promote the accelerated growth of acne. And caffeine is irritating to the skin and will deplete the body of vitamin b, which will also increase acne. So acne-loving friends, occasionally drink a cup or can, but do not drink too much!
Drinking coffee will make your teeth yellow?
The discoloration of teeth due to coffee is mainly due to the brown substance inside the coffee. Raw coffee beans are light green, and after roasting, they turn brown. The unique brown color of roasted beans is mainly formed by caramel, fiber, amino acids, chlorogenic acid and some minerals, it is not a single component and a single color, but a general term for different colors and different components mixed together.
These brown substances are deposited on the plaque biofilm on the tooth surface, attaching to the tooth surface together with the plaque, and if they cannot be removed at the stage when they can be cleaned, they form pigments (what we call coffee stains) and dark tartar that cannot be removed by rinsing and brushing the teeth themselves, along with the mineralization of calcium and phosphorus in the saliva.
This is called exogenous hyperpigmentation in professional terms.
However, excessive intake of coffee can bring harm to the skin
1, if the intake of coffee in excess, because of its diuretic effect, drink more will accelerate the excretion of urine, thus causing excessive water loss inside the body, the phenomenon of dehydration, and skin dehydration is prone to dryness, fine lines and other problems.
2, while coffee contains caffeine, moderate caffeine intake can refresh the brain, but excessive intake will make people excited, difficult to sleep, resulting in insomnia, such as regular coffee insomnia, the body’s resistance will decline, the skin cells have no luster, lack of moisture, bad complexion, etc..
The best time for women to drink coffee
10:00 am or 2:00 pm to drink the best coffee.
10:00 am or 2:00 pm coffee time, not only to avoid the hazards caused by fasting and drinking coffee before bedtime on the body, but also can play a good refreshing effect, because most people in the work or study of this time period are prone to sleepy, can not raise the spirit of the moment, this time to a cup of coffee is a blessing, can drive away sleepiness, improve the efficiency of work or study.
Although coffee has many changes to the body, only moderate consumption can have such effects. It is best not to drink more than 250 mg of coffee per day, and people with heart and stomach diseases, as well as pregnant women and children, need to avoid taking coffee, and not to drink coffee on an empty stomach to avoid irritation of the gastrointestinal mucosa.
The benefits of drinking coffee over a long period of time are many and will produce many good changes to your appearance. People who want to lose weight are still helped by drinking in moderation. However, coffee after all contains a certain amount of caffeine, a lot of taking is also bad for the body, especially the kind of coffee containing creamer and sugar is best to drink less.