If you’re looking for a way to add a pop of color to your makeup look, pastel blue eyeshadow can be a fantastic option. Not only does it look gorgeous on a variety of skin tones, but it’s also incredibly versatile and easy to wear. Whether you want to create a simple daytime look or a more dramatic nighttime look, pastel blue eyeshadow can help you achieve effortless elegance.
Choosing the Right Shade of Pastel Blue Eyeshadow
First things first: not all pastel blue eyeshadows are created equal. Depending on your skin tone, you may find that certain shades of blue look better on you than others. Here are some guidelines to keep in mind:
- If you have fair skin, lighter shades of pastel blue, such as baby blue or sky blue, will look stunning.
- For medium skin tones, try shades of pastel blue that have a bit more depth and intensity, such as periwinkle or cornflower blue.
- If you have deep skin, you can pull off darker shades of pastel blue, such as navy blue or royal blue.
Of course, these are just guidelines — feel free to experiment with different shades of pastel blue until you find the one that looks best on you.
How to Apply Pastel Blue Eyeshadow
Now that you’ve chosen your perfect shade of pastel blue eyeshadow, it’s time to apply it. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Apply a base eyeshadow primer to your eyelids to help the pastel blue eyeshadow stay in place and prevent creasing.
- With an eyeshadow brush, apply the pastel blue eyeshadow to your eyelid. Start at the inner corner of your eye and work your way outwards, blending as you go. Use a light hand and build up the color gradually to avoid any harsh lines.
- If you want to add more depth to your eye look, you can apply a darker shade of blue to the outer corner of your eye and blend it into the pastel blue.
- Finish off your eye look with mascara and eyeliner if desired.
For a simpler look, you can also apply the pastel blue eyeshadow to your lower lash line only, paired with neutral eyeshadows on your eyelid.
Pairing Pastel Blue Eyeshadow with Other Makeup
One of the great things about pastel blue eyeshadow is that it pairs well with a variety of other makeup looks. Here are some ideas:
- For a fresh, summery look, pair pastel blue eyeshadow with peachy blush and lip gloss.
- If you want to go for a more dramatic look, pair pastel blue eyeshadow with a bold red lip and black eyeliner.
- Pastel blue eyeshadow can also be a great complement to a more natural, \no-makeup\ makeup look. Just pair it with some tinted moisturizer and a little bit of mascara.
Ultimately, the key to pulling off pastel blue eyeshadow is confidence. With the right shade and application technique, you can rock this gorgeous color and add a touch of effortless elegance to any makeup look.