In some European countries such as France and Switzerland, mineral water usually refers to drinks containing carbonated gas, also known as sparkling water. As a result, many Europeans are in the habit of drinking sparkling water.
Sparkling water is mineral-rich water containing potassium, sodium, calcium and magnesium, which are very beneficial to the human body. Sparkling water differs from soda in that the ice of the permafrost layer naturally forms its bubbles under external pressure. In contrast, soda is formed by artificially adding sodium bicarbonate to purified water, which leads to their essential difference.
Sparkling water has a refreshing taste with delicate bubbles and various flavours, making it a hot new health drink. Europeans have the habit of drinking sparkling water simply because European meals are mostly meat, and the alkaline content of sparkling water helps with European digestion.
Sparkling water not only promotes digestion but also has several other effects.
1. Balancing the body’s pH level. The balance of acidity and alkalinity in the blood is essential to the body. A blood environment that is too acidic or alkaline can be fatal to the organs, tissues and brain. Sparkling water can help regulate the acid-base balance in the blood and prevent damage to body tissues due to acid-base imbalance.
2. Effective in relieving constipation. The gas in sparkling water expands with the rise in body temperature, thus stimulating bowel movement and enhancing bowel activity, which is good for promoting bowel movement. Therefore, in Europe and the United States, drinking a glass of sparkling water in the morning is customary to promote bowel movement.
3. Lowering cholesterol. According to a 4-month human trial at the European Hospital in Madrid and plasma testing, drinking sparkling water can lower bad cholesterol (LDL) and raise good cholesterol (HDL). This trial’s results show that long-term drinking of sparkling water can combat the onset of cardiovascular disease (CVD).
4. Activate brain power and promote blood circulation. In human alveolar tissue, the ability of haemoglobin to bind oxygen is inversely proportional to the concentration of carbon dioxide in the body, which has a physiological role in regulating the binding and release of oxygen.
5. Relieve the three highs: sparkling water indirectly enhances the body’s metabolic capacity, rejuvenates the physiological functions and effectively relieves many symptoms under sub-health.
6. Motion sickness, seasickness and airsickness. The phenomenon of motion sickness and seasickness always brings a lot of inconvenience to our lives. Drinking ginger juice with sparkling water can effectively alleviate the symptoms of motion sickness and seasickness and minimize the problems of such problems.
7. Relief of pregnancy vomiting. Women in pregnancy often suffer from vomiting, feeling tasteless in the mouth and losing their appetite, especially in early pregnancy, which can lead to malnutrition, which is unsuitable for them and the fetus. Drinking sugar-free or honey-lemon sparkling water for pregnant women can relieve the discomfort of pregnancy vomiting and keep them physically and mentally healthy and happy.