If you’re looking for a way to add some volume and texture to your hair, a Korean perm might be just what you need. This type of perm creates loose, effortless waves that are perfect for a natural, tousled look. Here’s what you need to know to achieve this style.
What is a Korean Perm?
A Korean perm is a type of perm that uses larger, looser rollers than traditional perms. This creates waves that are more natural-looking and less structured. The process involves applying a solution to the hair to break down the bonds, then wrapping sections of hair around rollers and applying a neutralizer to set the new shape.
How to Prepare for a Korean Perm
Before getting a Korean perm, there are a few things you should do to prepare your hair:
- Don’t wash your hair for at least 24 hours before the appointment. This will help protect your scalp from irritation.
- Avoid using any styling products, as they can interfere with the perm solution.
- Consider getting a trim beforehand to remove any damaged or split ends.
The Korean Perm Process
The Korean perm process generally takes around 2-3 hours, depending on the length and thickness of your hair. Here’s what to expect:
- Your hair will be shampooed and towel-dried.
- A solution will be applied to your hair to break down the bonds and make it more pliable.
- Your hair will be wrapped around larger rollers and secured in place.
- A neutralizer will be applied to set the new shape of your hair.
- Your hair will be rinsed, conditioned, and blow-dried.
Caring for Your Korean Perm
To keep your Korean perm looking its best, there are a few things you should do:
- Avoid washing your hair for at least 48 hours after the perm. This will help the shape set properly.
- Use a shampoo and conditioner specifically formulated for permed hair.
- Avoid using heat styling tools, as they can damage the perm.
- Avoid tying your hair up tightly, as this can create kinks in the waves.
A Korean perm is a great way to add some natural-looking waves and texture to your hair. With the right preparation and care, you can achieve a beautiful, effortless style that lasts for months. So why not give it a try?